View Single Post
Old 11-06-18, 16:02   #484
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

He Will Take Care of You

Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Psalm 55:22

There are times when, like the psalmist, we feel pursued by enemies or surrounded by difficulties. Our enemy may be financial trouble, ill health, or a person who misjudges or opposes us so that our “heart is in anguish” (v. 4). At that point we may be tempted to run away, retreat, or give up. But the Lord offers us something better. In this psalm, trials and problems cause us to cry out to him. Someone once said, “If you are swept off your feet, it’s time to get on your knees.” God encourages us to turn to him and call on him in our distress so that he can rescue us and keep us safe in the midst of the trouble. He may not immediately take us out of the situation, but he will guide us through the circumstances. He gives us a wonderful promise: If we give our burdens to him, he will take care of us and not allow us to slip and fall.

LORD, I give you every burden and concern I face today. And I thank you for your promise of care, provision, and safety. You will not allow me to slip or fall. I will trust in you because you are faithful forever to those who love you. I consider it a joy and privilege to be counted among the many who love you. Thank you for the freedom to ask for and receive your help. Amen

Whatsoever it is that presses you, tell your Father; put over the matter into his hand, and so you will be free from that dividing, perplexing care that the world is full of. Archbishop Robert Leighton (1611–1684)
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (14-06-18)