View Single Post
Old 09-06-18, 17:14   #483
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

There’s a Camel in My Soup

Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat; then you swallow a camel!
Matthew 23:24

Picture this: We reach over to pick a gnat out of our brother’s soup only to discover a large, hairy camel sitting in our own bowl. When we lean in to get a better look, he spits in our eye. It’s a camel, all right! Jesus paints a humorous picture of a serious subject—legalism. It’s so easy to find fault with a brother or sister. After all, it’s right there where we can see it plainly. Yet as we point out the gnats—those tiny, pesky faults in others that hover and annoy us—we have shortcomings the size of camels in our own lives!

When it comes to judging, what we need to do is offer our own hearts and minds daily to God so that his grace can redeem our failures. Then we can rejoice in our victories because we know that they are gifts from him. Even when we feel as if we have “arrived” and no longer have any imperfections, we still cannot judge our brother, for now we have a new camel in our soup—pride. Take a moment today and ask God to help you take your eyes off of others’ faults and to help you examine your own heart.

PRECIOUS JESUS, the world judges others by what they look like, what they own, and what they believe. I know that you are a holy God and that sin grieves you, but let my judgment be reserved for my own heart. Help me to show mercy to my brother rather than condemnation. Thank you for extending mercy to me as I extend mercy to others. Amen

When one knows oneself well, one is not desirous of looking into the faults of others. John Moschus (ca. 550–619)
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (14-06-18)