View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 16:31   #470
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

He’s Coming Back

[Jesus said,] “Since you don’t know when [these things] will happen, stay alert and keep watch. The coming of the Son of Man can be compared with that of a man who left home to go on a trip. He gave each of his employees instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. So keep a sharp lookout! For you do not know when the homeowner will return— at evening, midnight, early dawn, or late daybreak. Don’t let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning.”
Mark 13:33-36

Christ compared his return with that of a businessman who went on a trip. The businessman left specific instructions on how to take care of matters while he was away. It was clear that this was a task for which he would hold the employees accountable. He instructed them to watch for his return, though they were not sure what hour or moment he would arrive.

Christ’s return is a certainty, but do we act as if it is? One day the sky will split open, the trumpet will sound, and our Savior will return for his church. It is intended to be a glorious reunion, but what will Christ find? Will it be a neglected kingdom or a church actively reaching out to lost souls and making disciples? Will he find a sleeping bride or discover believers waiting with expectant hearts? Jesus promised that he would prepare a place for us in heaven. That’s good news! But while we wait for that day, we have instructions to build his kingdom. Jesus is coming. What will you be doing when he returns? Are you watching and waiting for that hour?

LORD Jesus, you promised to come back for your church. Help me to be diligent while I anticipate that day. I want to share the Good News with my loved ones who don’t know you. Please prepare their hearts to receive that message. Help me not to lose sight of what you have called me to do while I am here on earth and to wait for your return with expectation and hope.

Look up! The King is coming and those who are coming with Him are the called and chosen and faithful. That’s you! That’s us, my friend! Persevere, for He is coming and His reward is with Him.

Kay Arthur
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote