View Single Post
Old 08-03-18, 15:31   #432
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Neglecting God’s Good Gift
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and from his holy sanctuary within your heart, he breathes his influence on all your emotions — wooing, encouraging, comforting, convicting, guiding, teaching, reproving, manifesting the reality of Christ. What a marvelous gift!

Sadly, many neglect this wonderful gift inside us. And some even ignore God’s Spirit entirely, going about their daily lives as if he doesn’t abide within.

Beloved, the gift of the Holy Spirit within us provides us with all the power, resources, hope, grace and peace we will ever need. And yet we subject him to the awful abuse of neglect. Yes, it is abuse against the Spirit for us to carry unnecessary burdens — to walk before a wicked world fretting and acting as if our God were dead.

We are to be a testimony to those around us and if you do not run to the Lord with your questions and burdens, then the world has every right to ask you, “Where is your God? Where is the Christ you talk so much about?”

We should all be a visible testimony of the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This lost, broken, confused generation needs to see and hear us proclaim, “My soul is at rest, my mind at peace because I have dwelling within me the very Spirit of God himself! He is guiding me and comforting my troubled soul. I do not fear any evil because I sleep and then awaken in the saving power of the Holy Spirit — who lives in me!”

“[Cast] all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7). It is one thing to quote this verse and another to believe it! Let the Holy Spirit within you bring a revelation of the truth of his Word. He will reveal to you the secret of his presence and you will walk in glorious freedom.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote