View Single Post
Old 07-03-18, 15:50   #431
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Radiating Joy
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

David boldly declared, “[God is] the help of my countenance” (Psalm 42:11). When we talk about countenance, we are referring to facial expression, even body language and tone of voice. David is saying something very important here. Your face is like a billboard that advertises what is going on in your heart — all the joy or turmoil is reflected there.

When your mind is loaded down with the cares of life, you may have a tendency to frown or even slouch. At the best, you may look preoccupied, with a furrowed brow and a sad appearance.

I thank God for his great salvation — for redeeming us — but many of us need a Holy Ghost face-lift because our faces are giving the wrong message to the world. You need to be aware that your countenance reflects what is going on inside your heart — it is the index of your soul!

“A man’s wisdom makes his face shine, and the sternness of his face is changed” (Ecclesiastes 8:1). I take wisdom as used in this verse to mean Jesus Christ. Indeed, the very presence of Christ in your heart has a direct impact on your face.

Just as worry and sin can harden a person’s face so, too, can the presence of the Lord soften and brighten it. When we fully trust in God’s Word and rest in his love, our appearance will undergo a change; a quiet calm will begin to radiate from our countenance. When Hannah laid down her burden, her face was no longer etched with sorrow (see 1 Samuel 1:18). Joy radiated from her! And when Stephen stood before hostile, angry men in the Sanhedrin, they observed his face appearing as “the face of an angel” (Acts 6:15). Stephen stood among unbelievers with the shine of Jesus Christ — and the difference was clear to all!

I encourage you to allow your countenance to speak of God’s faithfulness in your life today.

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote