View Single Post
Old 08-02-18, 17:10   #422
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

The Cure for Unbelief
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

How does a sincere believer find the “cure” for unbelief? Consider these thoughts on how to rid your heart of doubt.

Take every worry, fear and burden to Jesus — and leave them on his shoulders!

“[Cast] all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7). Beloved, this is God’s personal word to you: “Don’t carry that burden one hour longer. I care about everything that is happening and I’m big enough to take it all for you.”

I am so thankful that God is never stressed out or overloaded! His shoulders can carry the weight of all his children at one time; in fact, he urges us to lay everything on him. “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22).

Go down your checklist of burdens right now and tell God, “Father, I give you this problem, this challenge, this relationship.” And be fully convinced that he cares!

Next, launch out in full faith on the written Word of God. Take up the Lord’s challenge to live by his Word. “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). You must be able to say, “I’m going to live and die by God’s Word!”(The Holy Bible)

“Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy” (Jude 24). Let God take on the burden of keeping you. Just take him at his word and tell him you are going to stake your life on it. Show him you trust his every word — and be blessed!
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (18-02-18)