View Single Post
Old 28-11-17, 15:55   #386
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

Greatly to be Praised
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

In the Psalms, David extols God’s greatness in blessing those who trust him.

"Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues" (Psalm 31:19-20).

When David exclaims, "Oh, how great is God's goodness!" he is saying, "I am overcome by all the goodness God has in store." He is celebrating the incredible storehouse of mercy and kindness that God has set aside for us. David testified, "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living" (Psalm 27:13).

God's goodness and rewards aren't stored up for "someday" in heaven — they are meant for his people now in their present trials.

God says he will reward our faith. And he wants us to seek him for those rewards now in the midst of our crises. Are you looking for a sign of hope for a rebellious son or daughter? Do you need to see just one break in the clouds of your financial storm? Call on the Lord in faith; he will come to you with comfort and strength. He wants to reward you with renewed hope and to supply you with all strength in your current flood. His voice rises above every floodwater!

God's Word makes it perfectly clear that we are not to worry about current world crises. We are not to worry about the economy. He wants to remove all stress about our loved ones, our families, our hurts and trials. And he has given us the reason for this great comfort and assurance: Our God is great and greatly to be praised!

Be thankful for what we have not looking at what we don't have.

Just so ya know, anything in blue is my words of thought.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (28-11-17)