View Single Post
Old 03-11-17, 15:42   #370
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

The Fruit of the Father’s Love
David Wilkerson (1931-2011)

The love of God is conveyed to us only through Jesus Christ. According to John, all of God's love dwells in Jesus: "Of His fullness we have all we received" (John 1:16). You may ask, "What's so important about knowing that God's love is conveyed to us through Christ? How does this affect our everyday lives?"

This knowledge is more than just a biblical concept. Knowing that God's love is conveyed to us through Jesus has everything to do with how we keep ourselves in his love. You see, it's not enough for me to know that God will always love me and won't stop loving me through all my struggles. He also wants his love to have a certain effect on me.

So, how exactly does God's love impact our lives? We can't look to man's example. There are licentious Christians who would turn the revelation of God's love into a license to sin. They convince themselves, "God loves me unconditionally. He has to keep loving me in spite of all my drinking, adultery and pleasure-seeking. His grace is greater than my sins." Such people do despite to God's love.

We have to look to Christ as our example. Jesus has already told us the Father loves us in the same way he loved the Son. So, what impact did the Father's love have on Jesus? The fruit of the Father's love was in Jesus presenting his body as a living sacrifice for others.

John writes, "By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us" (1 John 3:16). Here was the fruit of God's love in Jesus. He gave himself as a sacrifice for others. The second half of this verse tells us the purpose of God's love in our own lives. It reads, "And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (3:16). God's love leads us also to present our bodies as living sacrifices.

https://worldchallenge.org/devotion/fruit-fathers-love
We will all, all fall under God's judgement. The ONLY way to get by this judgement is to accept God's love through His Son Jesus Christ who through His love for us sacrificed himself on the cross for our sins. By accepting His love and believing in Him, repenting and accepting Him as our Savior, we are washed cleaned of our sins and escaping God's wrath.
Those who do not accept God's love through His Son will face God's full judgement and wrath facing eternal punishment. It's so simple but Satan wishes to confuse us and lead us astray. Jesus said "Love one another as I first loved you."
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (07-11-17)