View Single Post
Old 27-08-17, 08:17   #5
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update re: VIDEOS>Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor by TKO in 10th Round-Insists Will Be His Last

Floyd Cashes Out: 'Money' Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor by TKO in The Tenth Round - and Insists $600MILLION 'Fight of The Century' Will Be His Last as JLo, Leonardo DiCaprio and a Host of Stars Look on Ringside

• Floyd Mayweather has defeated Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday night
  • The night won the 40-year-old his 50th undefeated match as Mayweather swore it was his last fight ever
  • Mayweather left the arena with the coveted 'Money Belt' and at least $100million for his night's work
  • The two super-welterweight fighters had been preparing for the big boxing match for months
  • A host of celebrities also arrived, including Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lopez
  • The event brought out sports stars as well, including LeBron James, James Harden and boxer Mike Tyson
  • Musical stars Chance the Rapper, Demi Lovato and Meek Mill all showed up for the fight of the century
  • An audience packed with 20,000 ravenous fans turned up to the arena to watch the epic showdown
  • The bout could surpass the $600m generated by Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao in 2015
Daily Mail UK, 27 Aug 2017. Australia.

Floyd Mayweather has defeated Conor McGregor in a TKO in Round 10 after the two men squared off in what was billed as the Fight of the Century in the highly anticipated and Hollywood-studded fight in Las Vegas on Saturday night.

After winning his 50th undefeated match, Mayweather swore it would be his last fight ever as the 40-year-old made off with the coveted 'Money Belt' and at least $100million for his night’s work.

The two super-welterweight fighters had been preparing for the big boxing match for months and the event generated hype as the world waited to see who would become boxing's undisputed king.

The audience was packed with 20,000 ravenous fans at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with private jets ferrying celebrities into Sin City as bets worth more than a million dollars were placed on the match. But 5,000 seats were empty and remained unsold.

Some of those A-listers who took their seats ringside were Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lopez, Vanessa Hudgens, Demi Lovato and LeBron James, all spotted eagerly waiting for the big fight.

The money-spinning showdown is likely to break all records and surpass the $600million generated by Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao in 2015.

Scroll down for video

Floyd Mayweather defeated Conor McGregor in a TKO after the two men squared off in what was billed as the Fight of the Century in the highly anticipated and Hollywood-studded match in a Las Vegas arena on Saturday night

Mayweather outlasted McGregor, who began to visibly falter before he fell against the ropes in a technical knockout, winning Mayweather’s 50th undefeated match as the champion boxer swore it was his last fight ever

While McGregor had the crowd behind his improbable quest, Mayweather survived a rough beginning and gradually took control. He brutalized McGregor in the 10th, landing numerous shots and chasing McGregor around the ring

Actress Jennifer Lopez and former MLB player Alex Rodriguez attended the super welterweight boxing match

Leonardo DiCaprio was another Hollywood star to be spotted among the rich, powerful and A-lister crowd

Mayweather and McGregor during their fight at the T-Mobile Arena. Pictured: A tired McGregor holds on trying to stay upright as Mayweather batters him around the ring

The most unusual megafight in years went longer and was more competitive than many expected when an unbeaten, five-division world champion boxer took on a mixed martial artist making his pro boxing debut

Action slowed some during Round 8 but the tone of the fight remained the same. Conor McGregor fighting in flurries, back-pedaling as Mayweather kept after him

Mayweather said after the fight: 'He's a tough competitor. I think we gave the fans what they wanted to see. Our game plan was to take our time, let him shoot all his heavy shots early and then take him out at the end down the stretch'

After winning his 50th undefeated match, Mayweather swore it would be his last fight ever as the 40-year-old made off with the coveted 'Money Belt' and at least $100million for his night’s work

Bruce Willis, one of the many celebrities who attended the fight, took his seat shortly before the high-profile match took place

Dozens of stars sat ringside for the fight, such as LeBron James and Mike Tyson, (both pictured) as the fight could surpass the $600m generated by Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao in 2015

Hollywood actor Gerard Butler stared up at the fight. He hasn’t wasted any time since splitting from former beau Morgan Brown. The star was spotted kissing a mystery blonde at a Las Vegas nightclub ahead of the super-fight

The most unusual megafight in years went longer and was more competitive than many expected when an unbeaten, five-division world champion boxer took on a mixed martial artist making his pro boxing debut.

While McGregor had the crowd behind his improbable quest, Mayweather survived a rough beginning and gradually took control.

He brutalized McGregor in the 10th, landing numerous shots and chasing McGregor around the ring until referee Robert Byrd saved the Irishman and stopped the fight.

Mayweather said after the fight: 'He's a tough competitor. I think we gave the fans what they wanted to see. Our game plan was to take our time, let him shoot all his heavy shots early and then take him out at the end down the stretch.

'I gave the fans what they wanted to see. I told them that I owed them for the Pacquiao fight. I must come straight ahead and give them a show.'

He then shockingly announced: 'I chose the right dance partner for my last dance ... this was my final fight.'

Mayweather said after the fight: 'I gave the fans what they wanted to see. I told them that I owed them for the Pacquiao fight. I must come straight ahead and give them a show'

Mayweather brutalized McGregor in the last rounds, landing numerous shots and chasing McGregor around the ring until referee Robert Byrd saved the Irishman and stopped the fight in Round 10

Conor McGregor following defeat to Floyd Mayweather Jnr during their fight at the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas

Floyd Mayweather of the US climbs the ring ropes to celebrate his win against Conor McGregor during their fight for the WBC 'Money Belt' at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas

Referee Robert Byrd raises the hand of Floyd Mayweather Jr. after his TKO of Conor McGregor in their super welterweight boxing match

Actor Chris Hemsworth attends the super welterweight boxing match between Mayweather and McGregor

LeBron James waits with his wife for a super welterweight boxing match between Mayweather and McGregor on Saturday. The superstar player for the Cleveland Cavaliers sits in front of former boxer Mike Tyson

P Diddy arrived with his singer girlfriend Cassie, who happened to be celebrating her 31st birthday on the day of the match

Jamie Foxx, 49, sported an all black outfit as he arrived at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. He also joked on Instagram that if he slipped, at least he was wearing his Gucci fur loafers...

Before his loss, McGregor made his ring walk with an Irish flag draped over his shoulders. He pumped his fists in the air to the crowd, which cheered loudly.

McGregor’s handlers held aloft his UFC title belts after he got into the ring for his first pro boxing match.

Floyd Mayweather Jr., meanwhile got a bit theatrical, wearing what looks like a ski mask under an oversized hat. He was greeted with a mixture of cheers and boos.

The odds at fight time favored Mayweather by about a 5-1 margin.

McGregor came sporting a shorter haircut than he had in the days leading up to the fight, with his girlfriend behind him pushing their 3-month-old baby in a stroller.

McGregor was calm and confident in his televised pre-fight interview, telling Showtime's Jim Gray that he would 'paint a beautiful picture' in his fight against heavily favored Mayweather.

He was subdued in the interview, and he was still wearing a dress shirt, tie and vest, even though his hands were already wrapped about an hour before the start of the bout.

'I'm going to go out and be myself — free, spontaneous, creative — and paint a beautiful picture,' he said. 'I see me truly outclassing this man and putting him to sleep.'

McGregor said he thought he weighed 'about 170' pounds after rehydrating from Friday's weigh-in, where he was 153. Mayweather weighed in at 149 ½.

Before his loss, McGregor made his ring walk with an Irish flag draped over his shoulders. He pumped his fists in the air to the crowd, which cheered loudly

Actress Charlize Theron attends the super welterweight boxing match between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor

NFL owner Robert Kraft flew on a private jet to the star-studded event with J-Lo and her boyfriend A-Rod

McGregor taunts Mayweather during one of their first rounds of the fight before he ultimately ran out of stream

Model Jasmine Sanders, 26, top and Aisha Tyler both posed with the specially made 'Money Belt'. It is made with alligator skin from Italy, the belt boasts an alleged 3,360 diamonds, 600 sapphires, 300 emeralds, three pounds of solid, 24-karat gold...

Mayweather is guaranteed $100million for his night's work, and could make double that if the pay-per-view buys are strong as expected. McGregor's guarantee with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is $30million.

There were two more fights on the under card before the main event begins. There will also be two national anthems, with the U.S. version sung by Demi Lovato and the Irish anthem by Imelda May.

Promoters had nearly 5,000 tickets still to sell on fight day at prices ranging from $2,500 to $10,000.

The fight is expected to set records on pay-per-view, with some 5 million homes buying at $99.95. The main event is expected to begin about 9pm local time.

The big money continued rolling in just before fight time at this city's sports books, with several million-dollar bets on Floyd Mayweather Jr. to beat Conor McGregor.

Bookies had faced taking a big loss because McGregor tickets outnumbered Mayweather tickets by as much as 18-1 at some books. But the big bets started coming in Thursday on Mayweather and at the William Hill chain of sports books 74 percent of the money on straight bets was on Mayweather.

There were a handful of million-dollar bets on Mayweather, with three coming in just hours before the fight. The biggest reported bet on McGregor is $100,000.

'Vegas bound': Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez posted the same Instagram photo of themselves jetting with Robert Kraft to watch Conor McGregor fight Floyd Mayweather

Party boy: Leonardo DiCapiro, 42, was spotted on his way to dinner in Las Vegas on Friday ahead of the big fight on Saturday

'Best day ever': Chris Hemsworth, 34, shared a snap to Instagram on Saturday, that saw the actor headed to Las Vegas on board a private jet with pals, to watch the Floyd Mayweather versus Conor McGregor boxing match

Bookmakers say they still will post a big loss should McGregor beat Mayweather, especially if he stops him early. If Mayweather wins, though, it will be a big score by the sports books.

Mayweather was minus 600 at William Hill, down from 11-1 when the fight was announced.

The fight is shaping up to be the biggest bet fight ever, breaking the mark of about $50 million set in Mayweather's win over Manny Pacquiao in 2015.
The men will not be fighting for a major boxing title when they meet in the ring, but that has not stopped the pair from creating their very own belt.

Mayweather was a five-division world champion in his pomp but gave up his welterweight title after retiring in September 2015.

McGregor also lays claim to the UFC lightweight belt, but the biggest fight of all time will not see a title change hands.

The specially made 'Money Belt', however, will be up for grabs. The stunning accessory was revealed in Las Vegas on Wednesday as the pair spoke with the press for the final time before their bout on Saturday evening.

Made with alligator skin from Italy, the belt boasts an alleged 3,360 diamonds, 600 sapphires, 300 emeralds, three pounds of solid, 24-karat gold and was commissioned by World Boxing Organisation president Mauricio Sulaiman.

The gold alone would be worth nearly $60,000 at today's prices, meaning the winner will be getting a nice kicker on top of their huge individual earnings.

The undefeated Floyd Mayweather and Irishman Conor McGregor touched gloves ahead of the anticipated fight

McGregor arrives for his super welterweight boxing match against Mayweather with his child and his girlfriend

Epic confrontation: After stripping down to his boxer briefs for the weigh-in earlier on Saturday, 'Mystic Mac', as McGregor is known, left little to the imagination as he faced off with the undefeated boxing legend known as Money

FULL FIGHT VIDEO:

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote