View Single Post
Old 04-08-17, 14:46   #326
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith YouFollow=GOD is With You

God Will Never Leave Us
David Wilkerson

“Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11).

Believers in war-torn Iraq share, “Hard times are not coming — for us, hard times have been here for years.” They have known hardships for generations and they have learned to cling to faith. Because they have put on the whole armor of God, they are equipped to withstand evil and preach the gospel to those around them.

I truly believe the majority of godly people in the world today are under attack from hell, enduring devilish, seemingly hopeless situations. What about you? If you are not presently facing a test of faith, I urge you to be very thankful. But remain humble and be careful that you don’t boast of your own strength or faith.

Satan waits until the tested one is weary, drained of all strength and endurance. He waits until all prayers seem to go unanswered, until everything seems hopeless and we come to our wits’ end. It happened to Peter when he watched his Master being humiliated before the Sanhedrin (see Matthew 26:57-58). And it happened to Job when he was forced to ponder the loss of everything dear to him.

Questions begin to rise: “God, where are You? Why are my prayers not being answered?” Be careful, for right at that point Satan will implant his awful lie: “God has forsaken you. He does not hear you.”

Yet, God has not forsaken you — and He never will. He has instructed us to be prepared by putting on the whole armor of God and then He assures us that He will never leave us. “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). Right now He is telling you, “I will never leave you.”
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote