View Single Post
Old 24-06-17, 15:06   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,456 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies Johnny Depp Makes Surprise Visit at UK Antiques Shop

Johnny Depp APOLOGIZES for Trump Assassination Joke Hours After an Outraged White House Called on Hollywood to PUNISH and Condemn Him

• A White House official condemned Johnny Depp for comments he made about the assassination of President Trump on Thursday
  • 'I hope Depp's colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democrat,' said an official
  • The official also stated: 'President Trump has condemned violence in all forms and it's sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead'
  • Sean Spicer also spoke about Depp's comment at the White House press briefing
  • Depp was at the Glastonbury Festival in England on Thursday when he said: 'When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?'
  • The Secret Service would not say if Depp was under investigation at this time due to 'security reasons'
  • Depp meanwhile apologized on Friday a few hours after the White House put out their statement, saying he meant no malice with his joke
Daily Mail/AP, 24 June 2017

Johnny Depp has apologized for comments he made on Thursday at a British music festival which seemed to call for the assassination of President Trump.

'I apologize for the bad joke I attempted last night in poor taste about President Trump,' Depp told People.
'It did not come out as intended, and I intended no malice. I was only trying to amuse, not to harm anyone.'

His apology came a few hours after the White House lashed out at the actor's comments.

The star was heavily criticized by Republican politicians who said that his comments were reprehensible

Johnny Depp joins Kris Kristofferson on stage at the UK's Glastonbury Festival

Comment: 'I hope Depp's colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democrat,' said an official (Trump above in February)

'President Trump has condemned violence in all forms and it's sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead,' a White House official said on Friday.

'I hope that some of Mr. Depp's colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democrat elected official.'

Sean Spicer also spoke about Depp's comment at the White House press briefing on Friday, along with the Public Theater's recently closed version of 'Julius Caesar' which included the assassination of President Trump.

'I think that it's, it's concerning when you see a pattern that these comments get made, and these actions get depicted, and the lack of attention that they get when it's, when it's on our side,' said Spicer.

He was then asked to address however why President Trump would agree to host Representative Al Baldasaro of New Hampshire at the White House on Friday, who said last year:
'Hillary Clinton should be put in the firing line and shot for treason.'

Spice said he was 'not aware of the comments he made.'

Meanwhile, Trump has yet to comment on Depp's remarks.

Nightmare of Pennsylvania Avenue: A White House official condemned Johnny Depp for comments he made about the assassination of President Trump on Thursday (Depp above on Thursday at Glastonbury)

Depp was at the Glastonbury Festival in England on Thursday when he made his controversial remarks to the crowd.
The actor was introducing a screening of his 2004 film 'The Libertine' alongside director Julian Temple when he began speaking about President Trump to the over 1,000 people on hand for the event.

'I think he needs help and there are a lot of wonderful dark, dark places he could go,' said Depp, which riled the crowd up into a frenzy of cheers.
'It is just a question, I’m not insinuating anything. This is going to be in the press. It will be horrible. I like that everyone here is part of it.'

He then asked: 'When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?'

The crowd again cheered, and Depp added: 'I want to clarify, I am not an actor. I lie for a living. However, it has been a while and maybe it is time.'

In the wake of those comments the Secret Service declined to say if Depp was under investigation, explaining to DailyMail.com:

'For security reasons, we cannot discuss specifically nor in general terms the means and methods of how we perform our protective responsibilities.'

Over it: Depp meanwhile did not seem bothered at all by the uproar as he performed on Friday with actor and singer Kris Kristofferson at the festival

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote