View Single Post
Old 25-03-17, 15:02   #265
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Christianity vs Religion

In the past God spoke to our
forefathers through the prophets at
many times and in various ways,
but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son,
whom He appointed heir of all things, and through
whom He made the universe.

(Hebrews 1:1-2, NIV)

The great German theologian Karl Barth once was lecturing a group of students at Princeton University when one of the students asked him, "Sir, don't you think that God has revealed Himself in other religions and not only in Christianity?" Barth's answer stunned the crowd. With a modest thunder he answered, "No, God has not revealed Himself in any religion, including Christianity. He has revealed Himself in His Son.”People are by nature religious because every person is born with an innate sense that there is a God; One who is infinitely greater than any human being; One who is waiting to be acknowledged; a God who desires a personal relationship with each one of us. As King Solomon put it,

“[God] has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end” (Ecclesiastes 3:11b, NIV).

At some point each person decides whether to accept that internal
belief in God, inquire into it, or reject it.In one sense religion is man's search for God primarily through his own efforts, or through a man made religion. On the other hand, Jesus (or real Christianity) is God's search for man. And that makes all the difference in the world.Because we are all sinners, it is impossible for us to save ourselves through our own efforts or any man made religion. This is why God, in His eternal love for us, sent His own Son, Jesus, to die on the cross in our place to pay the penalty for all our sins.

For God so loved the world that He gave His One and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s One and only Son.(John 3:16-18, NIV)

Salvation is found in Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way. Narrow? Yes. But had there been any other way, why would Jesus have come to earth as a man to die an excruciating death on a Roman cross to pay the penalty for our sins? We need to keep in mind what Jesus plainly taught during His earthly ministry:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate
and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and
many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow
the road that leads to life and only a few find it.(Matthew 7:13-14, NIV)

So the important question is not, are you religious? Or, do you belong to a Christian denomination, or are you a member of a Christian church, but have you surrendered your life to Jesus as your Savior? Is your trust in Him and Him alone for your eternal salvation? As Jesus said,

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to
the Father except through me" (John 14:6, NIV)
Religion cannot save you ... only Jesus can.A Suggested Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for forgiving my sins
and giving me the gift of eternal life through the death
and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus. And Jesus,
because You died for me, help me to live for You
always and in all ways ... not for the sake of religion,
but for the sake of love love for You my Savior,
my Master and my Friend. Thank You for hearing and
answering my prayer. Amen.

Blessings,
Pastor Jim Newsome
Friedberg Moravian Church
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (26-04-17)