View Single Post
Old 23-02-17, 18:05   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Race Car PhOtOs-Will New W08 'BEAST' Car Help Lewis Hamilton Regain the Title?

Lewis Hamilton Drives 2017 Mercedes for First Time Before Officially Unveiling Formula One Challenger at Silverstone

• Mercedes officially launched their 2017 Formula One challenger on Thursday
  • Lewis Hamilton drove his car around track at the home of the British Grand Prix
  • The Brit will drive the Mercedes W08 alongside new team-mate Valtteri Bottas
  • Hamilton said this season he has 'this bigger, more powerful beast around you'
Daily Mail UK, 23 February 2017

Lewis Hamilton took his new Mercedes for a spin around the Silverstone track before officially unveiling the 'powerful beast' he hopes will land him a fourth world title.

The triple Formula One world champion was at the home of the British Grand Prix as the Silver Arrows showed off their new challenger to the world.
Prior to the launch, Hamilton — who narrowly missed out on the world title to former team-mate Nico Rosberg last season — gave fans a glimpse of what to expect this campaign at the blustery Northamptonshire circuit.

(Left-right) Lewis Hamilton and team-mate Valtteri Bottas pose in front of their new Mercedes

The Formula One drivers were joined by Mercedes chief Toto Wolff during the unveiling

Triple Formula One world champion Hamilton poses on the 2017 Mercedes W08

Hamilton speaks to team-mate Bottas, who replaced retired world champion Nico Rosberg

After driving the model that Hamilton hopes can lead him to a fourth drivers' title and the German team to a fourth consecutive constructors' crown for the first time, the Briton said: 'It felt incredible.

'Yesterday was the first time seeing the car come together, it's the most detailed piece of machinery I've seen so far in Formula One.'

Hamilton completed a few shakedown laps in blustery conditions at Silverstone but said he could already feel the difference.
'You've just got this bigger, more powerful beast around you,' he said.
'Driving today, naturally the car feels wider, which it is, and the front tyres feel huge. There is quite a lot of grip already even in the cold conditions here.

A general view of the car which Mercedes will be hoping drives them to victories this season

Mechanics push the new car at the launch of the new Mercedes Formula One challenger

Hamilton appears in high spirits during the highly-anticipated unveiling of his 2017 car

Braving the blustery conditions, Hamilton carries his phone which he used to film unveiling

'This is not a test, really the laps I did today were behind a vehicle to get filming in and just a shakedown. I got to go a little bit faster but it's so gusty.'

Hamilton's team-mate for the 2017 season is Valtteri Bottas following world champion Nico Rosberg's decision to retire from the sport.

'Right now, it's a very exciting feeling for me,' said the Finn.
'I want to say a big thank you to everyone in our factories for getting this car ready to go. It's been a massive effort and I've got a lot of respect for the shape we are in at the moment. But it's only the first step - and this is where the work really begins.'

Their design on show on Thursday didn't use the 'shark-fin' engine cover which was noticeably displayed on the new Force India unveiled on Wednesday.
The colour scheme of the new Mercedes is similar to that of previous seasons with a striking nose, with the design more rounded compared to the thumb stub as seen on rivals Williams, Sauber and Renault's 2017 cars launched ahead of the new season.

Hamilton took new Mercedes for a spin around Silverstone track on Thursday morning

The triple Formula One world champion drives his 2017 car at home of the British Grand Prix

Hamilton completed a few shakedown laps in blustery conditions at Silverstone

Team boss, Toto Wolff, said his team have achieved what they set out to with their 2017 car and backed his new driving partnership to fire.

'The new rules for 2017 were designed to make the fastest F1 cars ever through a big increase in aerodynamic performance,' he said. 'They should be more physical to drive and hopefully more spectacular for the fans to watch. The proof will come in the opening races but we have probably achieved that target.
'Of course, we had a curve ball from Nico late last year that left us scrambling a little bit in the winter. But we found a great solution with Valtteri and I am sure that he will form a strong partnership with Lewis.
'They have both been working hard in the factory with the technical teams and, although we have a different dynamic to manage than in recent seasons, I don't expect the competition between them to be less intense. And that's how we like it.'

Hamilton will next take to his car at the opening of two pre-season tests in Barcelona next week. The season starts in Melbourne on March 26.

The Brit showed off his team's new-look car while also performing pit stops with mechanics

Hamilton drives his Mercedes W08 ahead of the challenger's official launch

Hamilton gives fans a glimpse of what to expect this season as he takes his car for a spin

Their design on show didn't use the 'shark-fin' engine cover which has been used by rivals

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote