View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 23:54   #194
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

FIGHT FOR YOUR FAITH
David Wilkerson

A time comes when all weeping must end. It is then that God’s people rise above their grieving, above every dire foreboding, and get back their fight.

In the New Testament, Hebrews echoes Isaiah’s words:

“Strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed” (Hebrews 12:12–13, NASB).

The meaning here is, in effect: “Don’t stay down. Get up and fight for your faith. Don’t give in to sore, trembling knees; instead, keep running. If you succumb to fear and worry, your faith may end up crippled.”

After enduring a period of weeping, there comes a time to fight!

CASTING BLAME

Consider the crippling response of David’s army to their calamity at Ziklag. After these mighty men had finished weeping, they grew outraged and blamed David for having allowed the disaster. They were so embittered by their horrible misfortune that they began picking up stones to kill him (read the account in 1 Samuel 30:1-6).

In my opinion, this is exactly what the majority of people are doing right now over the current state of affairs in the world. They’re turning left and right, asking, “Who is to blame for this calamity? Everything is a mess.”

LET IT GO — AND FIGHT

I urge every follower of Jesus: Forget about how we got here. Forget about who is responsible. Most of all, forget about your own personal “what-ifs” — “If only I had done this or that, my finances would be okay, my life would be better.” If you hang on to such thoughts, your fear will turn into rage or some other crippling, destructive spirit. The Lord intends a different direction for all your energies. His Word tells us, “Now is the time to fight for your faith!”
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote