View Single Post
Old 07-09-16, 01:19   #174
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: Power of Prayer >No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

“How to be worthy” apparently is a fearful thing for some folks, and I have wrestled much with that issue over these past sixty years as a believer in Christ. The truth is, as I have found out as I began to believe the Word of God that was right before my eyes, I never could have saved myself, so how in the world could I have kept myself saved? My own “works of righteousness” are identified by Scripture as “filthy rags,” and not good for anything. It is just as Paul told Titus:
“…Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life” (Titus 3:5-7).
Earlier Paul had told Titus the proper attitude for us to have in these uncertain last days, an attitude of hope and expectation of blessing and joy unspeakable:
“…We should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works” (Titus 2:12-14).
There are more events to watch for that will be physically evident, not to discount or ignore those geophysical tragedies that the globalists want to call “Man-made climate change events.” There will be a confirmation of a covenant that will promise Israel a seven-year period of peace and allow her to rebuild the temple and restore its religious practices (Daniel 9:27).
That verse also tells us that halfway through the seven years he will void the agreement, enter the temple and declare himself God. The New Testament Scriptures indicate that its signing, or an announcement for it to be signed, will trigger the Day of the Lord when “sudden de3struction” will envelope the whole earth. Paul wrote of this in 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3:
“For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night, for when they say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.”
This Scripture says the triggering event will be when “they” shall exclaim, “Peace and safety!” Thus, it could be an announcement of an agreement having been made and a date set, sooner than later, when the signing ceremony is to take place. The Day of the Lord is that period when the “time of Jacob’s trouble” begins and God deals again with Israel’s restoration and their eventual recognition of Jesus as their true Messiah (Zechariah 12:10).
The Body of Christ, the born-again church made up largely of those “taken out of the Gentiles for His name” will have been taken to heaven, as Paul revealed in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Quietly and without fanfare to the world, like a thief in the night, He will take away those whom He has purchased with His own blood—His purchased possessions—to be with Him forever!
In the secular, physical world we should be watching for and seeing the subtle but steady developments of that beast of Revelation 13 as its seventh head begins to form. It will be the seventh kingdom to rule the whole world, and some signs of its development are the efforts for a New World Order to emerge as the sovereignty of individual nations are destroyed. The capstone of that goal is the United States of America, and it is not hard to see how well the globalists in favor of this movement think they are doing when we consider President Obama’s statement on April 30 at the Annual Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C.—“The end of the Republic has never looked better!”

Jesus said in Luke 17:26 and following that when the coming of the Son of Man is upon us, people will be buying and selling, marrying and giving in marriage, building and planting. They will be unaware of what is hovering over the world, and those statements of Jesus indicates that the “sudden destruction” that the Rapture will bring will be the expected economic and financial collapse that is projected in news reports today.

At this point in the chronology, our “watching” will have been finished, for that Rapture event changes everything! However, Peter writes that some are not so sure and apparently will make themselves heard, fervently:
“…Scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, ‘Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation’” (2 Peter 3:3-4).
Really, we must ask, in defiance? Without a doubt, it is a time for Christians to reject that old scoffing rebuttal, “Where is the promise of His coming,” and be prepared with daily close accounts with the Lord. For are we not “looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ?”
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (28-09-16)