View Single Post
Old 03-07-16, 13:52   #139
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Call2Fall July 3rd

Call2Fall July 3rd; Nehemiah's Prayer; Abortion Clinic Ruling; Transgender Military

The remnant… are in great affliction and reproach: the wall … is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire. Nehemiah 1:3

Rick Warren is the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California. Author of bestselling books such as The Purpose-Driven Life and The Purpose-Driven Church, Warren created Pastors.com and the Ministry Toolbox. These excerpts are from his "A Leaders Prayer Life:"

You can learn a lot about a person by the kind of prayer he prays. For instance, selfish prayer reveals a selfish spirit. Have you heard a prayer that sounds like a Christmas list -- I want this, and I want that? Some try to impress you with their prayers, yet come off as arrogant and prideful.

For leaders, there's a model prayer in Nehemiah, Chapter1. When Nehemiah first heard about the downfall of Jerusalem, he prayed for four months. This was not a casual prayer. It gives us a pattern for successful praying. To know how to pray, study the book of Nehemiah -- particularly this prayer. Here are four secrets to answered prayer from the life of Nehemiah:

1. Base your request on God's character. Pray like you know God will answer you: "I'm expecting you to answer this prayer because of who you are. You are a faithful God. You are a great God. You are a loving God. You are a wonderful God. You can handle this problem, God!"

Nehemiah says, "God, I want you to do something back over in Jerusalem. Verse 5 says, "O Lord God of Heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his command." Nehemiah said three things about God: 1. You're great -- that's God's position. 2. You're awesome -- that shows his power. 3. You keep your promises -- God's covenant.

The first thing Nehemiah did was to acknowledge who God is. That's what praise is. Acknowledge who God is and his greatness. He starts off by getting the right perspective. Say, "God, I want you to answer because of who you are. You've given us all of these promises. You are a faithful God, a loving God, a merciful God" -- all the Bible tells us he is. Base your request on God's character.

2. Confess the sin in my life. After Nehemiah based his prayer on who God is, he confessed his sins. He says, "We've sinned." Look at how many times he uses the word "I" and "we." He says "I confess ... myself ... my father's house ... we have acted wickedly ... we have not obeyed." It wasn't Nehemiah's fault they went into captivity. He wasn't even born when this happened 70 years earlier. Yet he is including himself in the national sins. He says, "I've been a part of the problem." There is personal confession and a national confession. This is something we don't know anything about. We don't have a corporate sense in America today… We're taught to confess my sins. When did you last confess the sins of the nation? Of your family? Your church? Your friends? Our society has taught us we're only responsible for ourselves. That's not true! You are your brother's keeper...

3. Claim the promises of God. Nehemiah is praying to the Lord, "Remember what you told your servant Moses." He's reminding God what he had said… God, you warned us through Moses that if we were unfaithful we would lose the land of Israel. But you also promised that if we repent, you'd give it back to us. All through the Bible you find God's people reminding God about what he said he wants to do. David did, Abraham did, Moses and all the prophets did. Must God be reminded? No. Does he forget what he's promised? No. Then why do we do this? It helps us remember what God has promised. Nothing pleases God more that when you remind God of one of his promises.

4. Be very specific in what I ask for. If you want specific answers to prayer you need to make specific requests. If you make general prayers, how will you know if they are answered?

Nehemiah is not hesitant to pray for success. He's very bold. Have you ever prayed, "Lord, make me successful!" If you haven't, why not? What is the alternative? Failure? There is nothing wrong with praying for success if what you're doing is for the glory of God. Pray boldly. Pray that God will make you successful in life for the glory of God. Nehemiah did. This is a valid prayer. If you can't ask God to make you a success at what you're doing, you should be doing something else. God doesn't want you to waste your life. (Pastor Rick Warren, Christian Post , 9-6-06, edited).

Like ancient Jerusalem, America's spiritual walls are broken down. Our cultural institutions are deteriorating. Only God, through His people with biblical faith, who pray like Nehemiah, can turn things around.

The U.S. Supreme Court Abortion Clinic Ruling -- In a shocking 5-3 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court abandoned the Constitution, legal precedent and all semblance of the rule of law to reinforce the unfettered right to abortion. Specifically, they ruled that states may not regulate abortion clinics with extremely reasonable regulations to protect the health and safety of women. In essence, the court judged that the motive of the people of Texas was to restrict abortion and not to provide for "women's health." They struck down the common sense and compassionate requirements that abortion doctors have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital in case of a client's health crisis and that surgical abortion clinics meet the health and safety regulations of all other surgical clinics. Liberals who speak of the "War on Women" need to turn their fire on the Court! Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood (who receives a half-billion of our tax dollars and in turn donates to politicians who help them maintain their government funding) and Kermit Gosnell-like abortion peddlers can relax. The Supreme Court has your back!

May we elect a president and Congress who will nominate and confirm Justices who value the lives and health of women and children to the U.S. Supreme Court. May He intervene to end abortion and save our nation! ( Joel 2:32 ; 1 Chr 21:13 ; 2 Sam 23:3 ; Ps 144:3-6 ; Mt 28:18-20 ; 2 Pet 3:9 ).
Transgender Military -- On July 1, the Department of Defense will lift the ban on Military service for those who identify as transgendered. The military will enlist and our military academies will enroll transgender persons to serve in every military capacity. Former Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates confessed that the only time President Barack Obama showed any passion for military issues was when he led the fight to overturn Don't Ask, Don't Tell (2010). Just as FRC warned, the overturn of DADT was just the beginning. President Obama has continued to impose his sexual ideology despite warnings from military experts, FRC, and others. The results have been predictable. Since DADT was overturned, the overall sexual assault statistics have radically escalated. Now President Obama wants to experiment with transgenderism. This experiment will bring a host of new problems and costs to a cash-strapped military and will further harm morale and readiness. There will be barracks issues, issues with uniforms, bathroom and shower issues, but most important will be the harm to readiness.

A few liberal-leaning nations allow transgenders in their militaries, but none of them are enemies to the U.S. The prestige and respect of the U.S. military has been a huge victim to these policies. For generations feared by our enemies, the U.S. military has become a laughing stock! Despite being obviously deleterious to good order and discipline, despite reducing military effectiveness, and despite that it will cost American lives, the administration presses on!

May God deliver us from the ideologies that complicate our ability to defend our homeland, that are detrimental our military discipline, and that weaken our troops readiness to defend our homeland and defeat our enemies abroad. May our military cease to be a laboratory for unnatural social experiments and our troops the guinea pigs! ( Josh 22:20 ; 1 Chr 12:32-33 ; Ps 127:1 ; Pr 1:7 ; 9:10 ; 1 Tim 6:20 ; 1 John 4:1 )
Finally, we are in a 2 Chronicles 20:12 moment. It seems we are surrounded by ideological enemies that seek to destroy from us every vestige of biblical truth, faith, morality and thus the knowledge of Jesus Christ. We must fight and after we have done all, to stand (Eph 6:10-20). But our first line of action is prayer! Call2Fall will take place this coming Sunday, July 3! Will you be joining us and churches across America on our knees in humble repentance, beseeching our Heavenly Father to extend mercy to our nation, asking Him to revive our churches and to awaken our fellow citizens? Have you signed up? Please rush to do so. Urge your pastor to lead your church, or join family and friends to pray at home. We have little time to turn the tide in our nation! America must not go the way of nations throughout history that have similarly defied our Maker and experienced the dire consequences (Dt 28: all; 2 Chr 7:14; Ps 9:17; Joel 2:12-18).

Thank you for praying!
Sincerely,

Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Last edited by Tarfoot; 03-07-16 at 13:59.
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote